- Customer Experience
- Thought Leadership
2011: Six social media trends to look out for
Author: Colin Shaw, published on 11 January 2011
What will 2011 be the year of? Mobile? Social Business? Geo-location? F-Commerce?
Every year someone makes a prediction that ‘this will be the year of X’ and they are invariably wrong. We aren’t that silly and neither is David Armano who posted his Six Social Media Trends for 2011 on the Harvard Business Review. I’ve quickly summarised David’s trends below:
1. As we posted on Friday, a move from social media to social business
2. As everything and everyone goes mobile, so will social
3. Facebook dominates the geo-location war
4. Multiple social media profiles lead to multiple personalities
5. Google doesn’t try to beat competitors, it aggregates them
6. The social web means that people can be social across the web, not just in social networks
If 2010 was the year that social media truely rose to prominence, then 2011 is most likely to see the natural continuation of this as everything and everybody joins the web as the world becomes ‘everything social’ (which is really what we were before the web!).
Thanks to waltercolor for the image
By COLIN SHAW | Published: JANUARY 11, 2011
- What’s your companies Emotion Score? Introducing Net Emotional Value (NEV) and its relationship to NPS and CSAT
- 5 Must-Dos in Designing an Emotionally Engaging Experience
- The secret of a great Customer Experience – Apple case study
- What is Customer Experience Management? Did Pine and Gilmore get it wrong?
- How Emotions Generate $$$